December 13, 2022
Thunder Bay, ON – SYNERGY NORTH is reminding customers to be cautious of scams this holiday season.
Unfortunately, the holidays are a popular time for scams. Scammers are known to pose as SYNERGY NORTH employees through phone calls, texts and emails to gather personal information. These scam attempts often include threats to disconnect electricity service and demands for immediate payment.
SYNERGY NORTH advises all customers to protect themselves by being alert and educated on utility practices:
- Review your latest bill before making any payments. For quick and easy access to your electricity account 24/7, customers are encouraged to register for MyENERGY at synergynorth.ca.
- Do not click on any suspicious links in text messages or emails.
- Do not call any phone numbers provided to you by the suspected scam — instead, call SYNERGY NORTH immediately or visit your MyENERGY account to check the status of your account.
- Do not provide any personal information or details about your account to anyone.
- SYNERGY NORTH will never threaten immediate disconnection for non-payment and will provide ample notice prior to any service disconnection due to non-payment.
Please report any or all suspicious behavior to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or at www.antifraudcentre.ca and to Synergy North at 1-833-428-1451 or email@example.com.