Digging Safely is More than a Call or Click
For your safety, before you do any yard work that requires digging; you should place a request for a locate service.
SYNERGY NORTH will receive the request and provide an underground cable location service at no charge during normal working hours within 5 working days from your request.
Ontario One Call will help you to identify companies who may have underground cables and forward a locate request to each of these companies.
How to Request a Locate
- Submit a locate request at OntarioOneCall.ca or contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255.
- When planning your project, be sure to contact Ontario One Call a minimum of five business days’ prior to digging.
- Wait for a certified utility representatives to clearly mark where any underground infrastructure runs through your property.
- If markings are not required, you will still be contacted by SYNERGY NORTH to notify that your work area is clear. Do not dig until you have been contacted.
- Locate any private underground lines on your property.
- Once you have your locates, be sure to practice safe digging by: keeping a safe digging distance, always digging by hand around paint marks and following any additional instructions provided by each utility.
- Backfill the area, making sure to remove large objects
- Visit Ontario One Call FAQ’s for more information.
Before proceeding with work near buried cables, please refer to our Excavation Guidelines and/or visit the Electrical Safety Authority.
Making contact with underground power lines can cause serious injury – even death, so please call ahead.
Following up with SYNERGY NORTH
If you need to follow-up on a locate request please call 807-343-1111, please note you must have a ticket number from the Ontario One Call service.