If your power has been disconnected, Synergy North requires the full balance to be paid or for the customer to enter into a payment agreement. In most cases, the power will be restored once payment has been confirmed with two (2) calendar days. Please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible to see what options are available to you. To let us know if you have made a payment, you can use the Confirm a Payment form online. All rules and guidelines for Customer Service are available through the Ontario Energy Board website. For more information regarding past due accounts and disconnection processes please use this link.
SYNERGY NORTH has a variety of options to better manage your electricity costs. See our Financial Assistance Programs to see what options suit you.
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program Small Business
The Government of Ontario is providing $8 million to support small business and registered charity customers struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is delivered directly by electricity and natural gas utilities, further to rules laid out by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB).
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program Small Business (CEAP-SB) provides a one time, on-bill credit for eligible small business and registered charity customers to help them catch up on their energy bills and resume regular payments.
CEAP-SB funding is limited. We will be processing applications in the order in which they are received. Submitting an application for CEAP-SB does not guarantee funding.
Do I qualify?
Small businesses and registered charities may be eligible for CEAP-SB if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The customer has an active account with Synergy North.
- The customer’s account falls within the General Service less than 50 kW rate class. Customers can find information about their class on their bill, or they can contact Synergy North
- The customer has a registered business number or charitable registration number for the small business or registered charity operating out of the premises.
- The customer’s account was in good standing on March 17, 2020, and the customer was not enrolled in an arrears payment agreement for amounts owing prior to March 17, 2020. However, customers that enrolled in an arrears payment agreement for amounts that became owing after March 17, 2020 can be eligible for CEAP-SB.
- The customer failed to make complete payment for the electricity charges (as applicable) on at least two bills issued since March 17, 2020, and has an overdue balance on the date of their application for CEAP-SB.
- The customer’s small business or registered charity premises was required to close* to the public for regular operations for at least 15 days as a result of a government order or inability to comply with public health recommendations.
* “Close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
CEAP-SB Benefit Amounts
CEAP-SB provides a one time, on-bill credit to eligible small business and registered charity customers to help them catch up on their energy bills and resume regular payments.
Eligible small business and registered charity customers may qualify for up to $850 in support towards their electricity bill if they primarily use electricity for heating, or up to $425 otherwise.
A small business or registered charity can receive only one CEAP-SB credit towards their electricity bill and one CEAP-SB credit towards their natural gas bill, even if they have multiple locations throughout the Province.
To apply for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program Small Business, please download and complete the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program Small Business Application Form. Once complete, please save, upload, and submit your application below. [If the pdf does not download, please right-click the link and select ‘save target as’ to save the pdf to your device]
Please complete only one application for your primary residence. You cannot receive COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program Small Business(CEAP-SB) for multiple residences. If you have natural gas service, you may apply separately for natural gas CEAP-SB support through your natural gas utility.
After you have provided your information, please type your name(s) in Section 3. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date. If you have difficulty submitting your application, please contact our customer service department.
As a limited program, please note that applying does not guarantee that CEAP-SB support will be provided.
Has your account fallen behind? To avoid disconnection, it is important to contact Synergy North as soon as you receive a notice in the mail or receive a phone call from our office. Please ensure your phone number is up to date with our Customer Service department. If Synergy North is unable to reach you, a final attempt will be made by delivering a notice to your door with the disconnection date, giving you about 48 hours before the power disconnection. One final phone call attempt will be made the day prior to disconnection.
Synergy North has a payment plan that can assist you, as well as programs that are available to assist vulnerable customers.
Arrears Payment Plan
Payment plans are an option for customers who have fallen behind. An Arrears Payment Plan will allow you to repay your previous debt over a period of time but current bills will need to be paid by their due date. Please contact our Customer Service department for more information or to see if you are eligible for an arrears payment plan.