- Prepare your project details
- Submit your locate request
- Wait for the utilities to be marked
- Locate any private lines on your property
- Keep a safe digging clearance
- Always dig by hand around paint marks
- Backfill the area, making sure to remove large objects
Check out these additional resources below:
Call Before You Dig
For your safety, before you do any yard work that requires digging; you should place a request for a locate service.
SYNERGY NORTH will receive the request and provide an underground cable location service at no charge during normal working hours within 5 working days from your request.
Ontario One Call will help you to identify companies who may have underground cables and forward a locate request to each of these companies.
Contact Ontario One Call when digging for:
- Tree planting
- Fence Posts
- Pool Excavation
- Party Tents
- Children’s Inflatable Activity Centers
- Anytime you are going to put an anchor peg or shovel in the ground
Ontario One Call
Before proceeding with work near buried cables, please refer to our Excavation Guidelines and/or visit the Electrical Safety Authority.
Making contact with underground power lines can cause serious injury – even death, so please call ahead.
Following up with SYNERGY NORTH
If you need to follow-up on a locate request please call 807-343-1111, please note you must have a ticket number from the Ontario One Call service.